Sep 16, 2008

Sick & Wrong

Our mouse trap

What a night, obviously from the picture you probably figure we caught a freakin mouse. Here is the story, last night Jesse and I got home from the gym and walked in from the garage, up the stairs and as we get half way up the stairs, I stop. Jesse is behind me and he is like "what are you doing?" As I stand there starring at the landing by the front door I about hurl. Jesse is like "what are you looking at?" I point to this teeny tiny little black thing, and then point to another one about a foot away, and then another one about another foot away. I yell out MOUSE POO SICK! Jesse moves around me and looks at it closer, "yep thats mouse poop." I run and grab the vacuum to clean it up as Jesse is trying to figure out how a mouse got in our new house. After searching for a bit Jesse finds more mouse poop on the window seal behind the couch. So we flip the couch over and discover a very small tear in the bottom of the couch. When we were moving we had everything packed in our horse trailer the night before we moved in and we think that it came from there. Or we do live in a construction zone so it might have come from outside, either way, sick and wrong. So at 11 last night we ran down to the store to pick up a trap. Put some peanut butter on it and went to bed. I hate mice, I especially hate it when they try and live with me, so like a freak, I keep my self up all night waiting to hear the thing go off. At about 3 am SNAP! I yell SWEET and jump out of bed to clean up the dead mouse because again, I am a freak and don't want it in my house. I try and wake Jesse up to go throw it away, he isn't budging, so I get up the guts to take it out. I grab my camera take a quick pic, then I grabbed one of Coco's little disposable poopy bags turn it in side out, use it like a glove and start running for the door holding my arm straight out as far away from my body as possible, with coco running and barking behind me, out the front door around the house to our garbage, trying not to trip on Coco, and then ran back inside, jumped in bed and fell right asleep!! Success!! :) I hate rodents.

I hope no one is disturbed by this, I had to post it, that little bugger kept me up all night.

5 comments:

Paityn Ann said...

I must say this story brings back a lot of memories from the good old days at the blindman! I can't even think of how many times we had to catch mice and clean up mice poop!!! I feel bad for you. I am probably the only other person that hates that as much or more then you do!! haha

Meagan DeLange said...

Oh, I would have freaked out! You're so brave to take the mouse out by yourself - my husband would definitely have had to do that part : (. I'm glad the mouse trap worked. Hopefully that will be the last of the mice!

Russell & Jammie said...

Yummy! We caught 8 mice in one week. They just showed up and then were gone just as quick. Weird. We think that their was a whole family in the attack. Yuck! Good luck getting rid ofthem. HOw are you enjoying the new home?

Josh and Katie said...

You are braver than I am! I would have waited till Josh woke up. Your house looks so pretty with all the harvest decorations!

Justin Jochim said...

That is awesome. Nice work.