Feb 8, 2012

NO more monkeys jumping on the bed!

A little over a week ago I was getting Tessa ready for bed. You know those last couple of minutes right before you put them down where they get a burst of energy and are really excited? Well Tessa had one of those moments, got up on our bed jumped, and.......


Yep, OUCH! She had a little to much momentum and bounced right off in between the dresser and the bed and hit a coin jar that was sitting there. Luckily the glass didn't break. But poor Tessa, she looked like she was in a car accident. She had a black eye, and a bruise on her other cheek, the cut above her eye, and a scratch on her cheek.


So we headed to the E.R.


waited for the dr to check her out

Then the nurse came in and numbed the area. She had to put the red tape on to hold the solution in place for about 20 minutes. While we waited Tessa enjoyed pushing the stool around and chasing me with it!



She looks like a ninja!


Then the Dr. stitched her up. 3 stitches, so not to bad. The hard part was holding her down for him to do them. We didn't want to sedate her, its just to risky for her age. So we had to hold her down. It was the saddest moment of my motherhood. She couldn't see us because of the sterile gauze over her face, a bright light shinning on her and for some reason there were about 7 people in the room. I think they thought she was going to be difficult. But Jesse and I had it covered. When she was done we all clapped for her and told her how great she did, so she started clapping too, and said thank you to the dr. It was the sweetest Thank You I have ever heard.


As soon as she got in her car seat to head home she was out! And she slept really well that night, not so much the next night, but after that she seemed fine, like nothing happened.


When we took her to get her stitches out she was a champ! She cried for a few minutes when we laid her down, but the nurse took them out really quick, so it wasn't long before Tess was back up in her daddy's arms and said Thank You again!!! It was adorable!!!


So needless to say, there will be no more monkeys jumping on the bed at our house.


5 comments:

Christine said...

How sad! I hate taking my baby to the dr.'s. It always makes me cry when they have to get shots and they look at me like "why are you letting them do this to me, Mom?" Poor, sweet girl. Glad she is ok.

Kelly and Heather said...

Oh poor girl!!! I hope she is feeling much better now. I'm glad she didn't get hurt worse!

BriAnne said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little lady! That is too sweet though that she thanked the doctor and the nurse when they were done. What a good mommy to teach her such good manners even after stitches! :) And that ninja picture is hilarious, what a cutie!

Jeff and Jenn said...

I freaked when you sent me that picture! But it already looks great! Love my lil niece!

Chelsie and Trace said...

I hate when you have to hold them down for shots so I could only imagine having to hold her down for stitches! Poor little thing not fun!